If you have a science education and have experience in project management, if you are interested in nature and environment protection and you are motivated for active engagement in this matter, we are looking for you!
Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce is announcing
Full-time employment for a fixed period of 12 months (probationary period of 3 months) with the possibility of contract extension.
- Project management in Nature Protection program, monitoring and evaluation of achievements in accordance with activity plan and indicators, budget management and time plan for project implementation.
- Preparation of narrative and financial project reports.
- Giving regular feedback on project progress and project team performance to the program manager.
- Organization and implementation of public presentations, workshops and meetings and preparation of reports.
- Organization and implementation of professional research work, data collection and processing, independently and in cooperation with experts.
- Analysis of laws, strategies, professional texts and documents.
- Communication with stakeholders and project partners, including international partners.
- Presentation of projects to the public, production of promotional materials and external communication of projects through writing texts and preparation of accompanying materials (web, materials for workshops, etc.).
- Mentoring and coordinating volunteers and students involved in the service-learning program in the Nature Protection program.
- Providing support for the implementation of other activities of the Nature Protection Program
- Participation in the activities of organizational development of the Association.
- Performing daily administrative and office work.
- VSS of natural science orientation.
- A minimum of one year of work experience, the advantage of experience working in jobs similar to the job offered.
- Excellent written and oral expression and argumentation in the Croatian language.
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Category B driver’s license (active driver).
- Experience in leading and / or participating in projects financed from EU funds.
- Experience of work and / or volunteering in the civil sector, familiarity with the activities of civil society organizations.
- Work experience and / or good knowledge of the nature protection sector in Croatia.
- Experience and / or interest in working on fisheries issues in the context of nature protection.
Requested candidate profile
- Sensitivity to environmental and nature protection problems and high motivation for engagement in nature protection.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in communicating with different stakeholder profiles related to nature protection.
- Experience in organizing and conducting workshops and meetings.
- Responsibility, proactivity and independence in work, but also readiness for team work.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple topics / projects.
- Willingness to work in the field, frequent travel and adaptability to sudden deadlines, different jobs and work environment.
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
What we offer:
The selected candidate will work with people with many years of experience in advocating for nature protection, conducting research, educating and informing the public, and project management. We offer the future employee a dynamic and stimulating work environment, the possibility of acquiring new knowledge and skills related to nature protection and project management, the possibility of networking nationally and internationally through participation in trainings, working bodies, meetings and workshops in the nature protection sector, civil society.
Along with the application for the competition, it is necessary to enclose:
- Curriculum vitae – in Croatian.
- Motivation letter – in English, up to a maximum of 800 words, which contains a description of previous experience, acquired skills and knowledge relevant to the job, motivation to work in this job and personal expectations of the job and organization.
Applications with the above documentation are received exclusively by e-mail at [email protected]
Tender announcement date: August 13, 2018
The application deadline is August 27, 2018.
The start of work is on October 1, 2018.
Candidate selection procedure:
The three-member commission will read all the received applications and, based on the assessment of their quality, will select a maximum of 8 shortlisted candidates, with whom interviews will be conducted and, if necessary, conduct testing. Based on the interviews and test results, the commission will select the best candidate. Candidates will be notified by e-mail about the results of the competition and any interviews.