APPLICATION FOR VOLUNTEER EDUCATORS
Association for nature, environment and sustainable development Sunce
Deadline for registration:
Open tender. Applications received will be considered at the end of each month. All registered candidates will be contacted by e-mail.
The program for volunteer educators is designed as long-term volunteering. Each volunteer will volunteer regularly and continuously, for a period of three months during one semester of the academic year, without interruption, with the aim of acquiring 100 volunteer hours, which is the estimated number of hours of experience needed to independently carry out certain educational activities in the Association Sunce.
Responsibilities of the volunteer:
Review of existing professional literature related to participatory learning methods, and education for environmental protection and sustainable development.
- Co-mentoring of students involved in the service-learning program.
- Organizational logistics related to the organization of educational activities.
- Distribution of promotional materials.
- Administrative tasks, data entry and processing, etc.
- Organizational logistics related to the organization and implementation of Green Trips.
- Adapting existing and designing new educational exercises for Elementary and High school students and preschoolers, depending on the current knowledge and skills of the selected volunteer.
- Participation in lectures related to specific topics in the protection of the environment and nature and the development of civil society.
- Participation in other educational activities of the Association Sunce for the purpose of acquiring specific knowledge and skills and providing logistical organizational support.
- Participation in trainings in national and international organizations, if there is a possibility of going to them.
Necessary conditions and qualifications for applying to the program:
- Student of undergraduate, graduate or integrated studies
- High level of motivation to work with children and young people or one of the subgroups (preschoolers, Elementary and High school pupils, students) and personal development in this direction,
- pedagogical-psychological competences and/or experience in working with children and/or young people,
- interest in environmental and nature protection,
- interest in new methods related to education for environmental protection and sustainable development,
- good communication and presentation skills,
- good organizational skills, reliability, accuracy and systematicity and a tendency to work in a team,
- knowledge of the English language and computer skills (MS Office),
- respecting the principles of environmentally responsible behavior in everyday life,
- previous experience in conducting education, especially for children and young people,
- Driving licence.
Work monitoring and evaluation:
Meetings aimed at monitoring the work will be held twice a month, and reflection will be conducted once a week with the aim of discussing the completed tasks and possible difficulties in implementation. At the end of the volunteer program, an evaluation will be conducted with the volunteer through an evaluation sheet in order to determine his development in the field of environmental protection and sustainable development, as well as acquired knowledge and skills for conducting educational activities. Likewise, during the duration of the program, the volunteer will keep a personal learning diary in order to monitor his personal development. The results will be measured in relation to the assigned/agreed tasks in written form, and at the end of the volunteer engagement through the Certificate of competences acquired through volunteering.
What the volunteer gets:
- The possibility of having fun and socializing with peers and employees of the Association,
- gaining work experience and possible business contacts,
- knowledge and skills related to the implementation of education for environmental protection and sustainable development,
- the possibility of participating in additional educational activities in Croatia and abroad, organized by the Association Sunce or cooperating institutions/organizations,
- Certificate of competences acquired through volunteering as an addition to the CV,
- for people who pass the educational program, future engagement as an external associate of educators is possible through the student service or professional training for work without establishing an employment contract if the conditions for this are met.
We ask interested volunteers to send their applications to [email protected].
The application should contain a CV and a letter of motivation.