Are you communicative, persistent, thorough and creative in finding solutions and consistent in their implementation? Do you love nature and want to encourage changes in people’s attitudes towards nature and the environment? Want to send a message to everyone how important it is to preserve it? Do you enjoy working with the media, organizing public events and spreading messages via social media? Do you have developed communication skills and experience in working with teams? Do you know the issue of environmental protection? If the answers to these questions are YES, then you are ready to join the team of Sunce in the position of Head of Communications and Public Relations.
Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce is announcing
Head of Communications and Public Relations
Sunce is a non-governmental, non-profit organization that advocates for raising standards and improving the system of environment and nature protection, encourages public involvement and participation, and advocates the creation of a responsible society aware of the connection between people and nature.
- Audit and continuous monitoring and responsibility for the implementation of the Communication Strategy of Sunce,
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the Annual Communication Plan of the Sunce Association,
- Taking care of the visual identity of Sunce, in accordance with established standards.
- Coordination of communication activities at the level of the entire organization, and in cooperation with program and project managers, communication associates and the executive director.
- Communication management of individual projects, including monitoring of legal and contractual obligations related to communication and visibility (donor visibility, respect for copyright, etc.).
- Development and maintenance of relations with the media, promoting the work of Sunce through media channels (written, radio, TV, Internet, etc.).
- Providing development support and ensuring the quality of the implementation of Sunce’s campaigns or campaigns in which Sunce participates.
- The role of primary contact for the media and appearance in the media as needed.
- Supporting colleagues in preparing public appearances and providing feedback.
- Conducting and supporting the organization of public and media events (statements, conferences, presentations and excursions for the media, public celebrations of environmental dates, exhibitions, bicycle races, etc.) including ad hoc events.
- Responsibility for the development and management of network communication channels including official and project websites and social media accounts: (1) ensuring quality content on the website and social networks; (2) maintaining two-way communication of the organization on social networks.
- Preparation and production of communication materials of the Association, support in the production of articles, press releases and other communication tools of individual projects in terms of adaptation for target groups and quality control of texts.
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation of communication activities and achievements of Sunce
- Participation in the evaluation of the work of associate communicators.
- Coordination of maintaining physical and electronic storage of media contacts, media appearances, communication materials and publications.
- Participation in the activities of organizational development of the Association.
- Management and development of membership, work and communication with members.
- University degree, university degree in communications, journalism, marketing, social and similar professions.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the same or similar jobs.
- High quality of written and oral expression, as well as written and oral arguments.
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of Croatian and English.
- Experience in coordinating the work of several persons / teams.
- Work experience and / or knowledge of the nature and environmental protection sector in Croatia.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Additional education related to communications.
- Knowledge of the media scene in the Republic of Croatia.
- Working or volunteering in the civil society sector.
- Knowledge of the principles of action and actors of civil society in the Republic of Croatia and the EU.
- Using computer programs for text formatting and visualization.
- Category B driver’s license (active driver).
Requested candidate profile
- Sensitivity to environmental and nature protection problems and high motivation for engagement in nature and environmental protection.
- Good organizational, logistical and operational skills.
- Communicativeness, persistence, thoroughness, creativity, adaptability to the environment and experience of working with people of different profiles.
- Extreme readiness for team work, but also independence in work, responsibility and proactivity.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple topics / projects.
- Willingness to adapt to sudden deadlines and flexibility in working hours.
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
- Positive attitude, perseverance and creativity in finding solutions and consistency in its application.
- Willingness to travel occasionally in Croatia and abroad.
What do we offer?
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic, creative and flexible work environment with people with many years of experience in advocacy, research, education and public information, and project management in nature and environmental protection and sustainable development. We offer the possibility of acquiring new knowledge and skills related to nature and environment protection and sustainable development, the possibility of networking at the national and international level through participation in trainings, working bodies, meetings, workshops and conferences in nature protection, environment and sustainable development as well as civil society organizations.
The start of work is scheduled for January 20, 2018, full-time, a fixed-term employment contract of one year with a probationary period of 3 months and the possibility of extending the contract after one year.
The salary will be determined after the selection of candidates.
Along with the application for the competition, it is necessary to enclose:
- Letter of motivation, up to a maximum of 800 words, which contains a description of previous experience, acquired skills and knowledge relevant to the job, motivation to work in this job and personal expectations of the job and organization.
Applications with the above documentation are received exclusively by e-mail at [email protected]
Applications that do not contain the specified documentation will not be considered.
The application deadline is January 7, 2019.
Candidate selection procedure:
The three-member commission will read all the received applications and, based on the assessment of their quality, will select a maximum of 8 candidates, with whom interviews will be conducted and, if necessary, conduct testing. Based on the interviews and test results, the commission will select the best candidate. Candidates will be notified by e-mail about the results of the competition and any interviews.
Date of tender announcement: 12.12.2018.