For the eleventh year in a row, Sunce, on September 24, 2022, starting at 4 p.m., is organizing the Split Biking tour. We invite all cyclists of the city of Split and its surroundings to cycle with us!
The program of the 11th Split Biking tour is divided into two parts. The first includes cycling along a given route from the church of St. Frane to Đardin from 4 p.m., and the second is the traditional gathering in Đardin around 5 pm with an accompanying entertainment program that will include a raffle, a bicycle alka and a music program.
START: Church of St. Fran
ROUTE: Trumbićeva Coast, Ivan Meštrović Promenade, Marina Tartaglia Promenade, Antun Gustava Matoša Street, Jerolim Kavanjina Street, Ante Starčevića Street, Ivan Gundulića Street, Dujma Mikačića Street, Bihaćka Street, Livanjska Street, Sinjska Street, Zagrebačka Street, around Đardin
The program of this year’s Split Biking tour begins with the registration of cyclists at 15:30 near Banovina. All participants can also register via the google form. During registration, all cyclists will receive free raffle tickets.
– All participants of the event will have the opportunity to win over 40 individual prizes during the entertainment part of the program, which we have prepared in cooperation with our sponsors and partners. – said Tihana Arapović, Sunce’s expert associate and organiser.
If you are coming from the area around Split, on the day of the event, take advantage of a 30% discount on the basic fare of Jadrolinija tickets for people and vehicles in the Split waterway. For more information about Jadrolinija’s discounts, contact [email protected].
– You don’t have a bike, but you want to participate, we have a solution for that too! On the day of the event, from 3pm to 9pm, Split parking allows all citizens over the age of 18 to rent Nextbike bicycles free of charge with the Nextbike application – said Arapović.
In Đardin from 5 p.m., the host of the entertainment part of the event, Ante Travizi, will start the program of the Split Biking tour in a fun and interactive way. At the same time, at the information stands in Đardin, all interested citizens can learn about the work of Sunce, find applications for volunteering and membership and also donate to Sunce.
– Membership fees directly support the protection of nature and the environment and are contribution to sustainable development – pointed out Sunce director Gabrijela Medunić-Orlić.
At the information stands, you will find students of the Faculty of Law and a Green Phone volunteer who will, with the support of Sunce lawyers, explain the purpose of Green Phone and teach you how to become a voice of the environment. Through the SEAS project, students gained knowledge about environmental law and how it is implemented, which they are happy to share with everyone.
– We have to understand that sardines cannot fight for clean seas on their own, just as the environment cannot protected itself if it is threatened, that is why we have to give a voice to the environment and influence the development of these rights in the Republic of Croatia – said Hajdi Biuk, expert associate the lawyer of Sunce.
Sunce, with Biking tour, primarily wants to draw the attention of citizens and responsible persons to the growing problem of traffic jams, which can be solved by improving and adapting the transport infrastructure for the use of alternative forms of transport.
– The number of cyclists in the city of Split is growing every year, and this transport, along with the residents of our city, is increasingly being used by tourists – both local and international, especially since Split got bike rental stations, as well as new bike paths. In order to enable a more functional bicycle transport system, Sunce will also emphasize the purpose of sustainable transport and thus tourism this year – said Medunić-Orlić.
European Mobility Week is a European Commission campaign that encourages small and large cities to introduce and promote sustainable means of transport. With this year’s theme ‘Better Connections’, every aspect of sustainable transport in the urban environment, which can connect people, places, logistical challenges and politics, is being linked.
– This year, we want to see as many citizens as possible on bicycles and together send a message about possible improvements to the bicycle infrastructure and ways to encourage active mobility. – concluded Medunić-Orlić.
Such and similar events will be held all over Europe, and we invite all those interested to join us in Split on September 24!
Main sponsor: City of Split
Sponsors: Split and Dalmatia County Tourist Board, Split Tourist Board, Split Parking
Donors: ACT PRINTLAB. Akvarij, bio&bio, CitySpa, Ekran, Extreme shop, Iris Adventures, Joker fitness centar, Like frizerski salon, Maslina konoba i pizzeria, next bike, Promet Split, Red Adventures, UpCafe, XXL fitness centar, ZipLine Omiš