We are pleased to inform you that from 1.1.2015. a partnership project started by the name “Partnership for Environment: Developing Public and Civil Sector in Croatia through the Application of the Green Phone Service”.
Full Project Name in English: Partnerships for Environment: Developing Public and Civil Protection Capacities in Croatia through Practice of Green Phone Service.
Short name: Partnerships for Environment
The project will last from 1.1.2015. – 1.1.2017. (24 months)
Budget: 225.661,87 €
Financial support: EU (90%) under the Grant Scheme Strengthening Support to Civil Society Organizations to Increase Transparency and Good Public Administration Management in Croatia in the Implementation of I Component IPA 2011 (National Program for Croatia under the IPA – Component “Assistance in Transition and institution building “for 2011) and Office for NGOs.
The project is implemented by following partners: Eko Pan – Karlovac, Association of Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce – Split, Association Žmergo Opatija, Ecological Association “Krka” Knin, Eco Association Franjo Koščec, ZEO Nobilis – Ecological Organization, with collaborators on the project: Eco Zadar, Green Osijek, Green Istria.
Project area: The Republic of Croatia with a focus on Karlovac County, Split-Dalmatia County, County of Dubrovnik-Neretva, County of Šibenik-Knin, County of Međimurje, Varaždin County, County of Lika-Senj, County of Primorje-Gorski kotar, Koprivničko-križevačka County, Krapinsko -Zagorje County.
The general objective of the project is to build a strong partnership and effective long-term cooperation between citizens, local and state authorities and civil society organizations involved in environmental and nature protection.
- Build project partners for active participation in solving environmental problems
- Promote transparency and of local and state authorities and co-operate with them
- Educate citizens about “know-how” and opportunities for active participation in environmental and nature protection
- Contribute to addressing specific local environmental and nature related problems
- Encourage cooperation between the public and state sectors
The project includes the following activities:
- Collecting data on the structure, methods, procedures and means for the work of local and state authorities, and identifying problems and obstacles to the effectiveness of field work
- Maintenance of capacity building programs (workshops and activities) for CSOs related to environmental and nature protection
- Maintenance of capacity building programs (workshops and activities) for local and state authorities related to environmental and nature protection
- Radio broadcasts on the possibilities of active participation in environmental and nature protection
- Publication on active participation in environmental and nature protection
- Regular work of the Green Phone Network in Karlovac, and these Croatian County’s: Splitsko-dalmatinska, Dubrovačko-neretvanska, Šibenik-Knin, Međimurje, Varaždin, Lika-Senj and Primorje-Gorski Kotar
- Created and published publication / detailed analysis of fieldwork effectiveness of local and state authorities (transparency level, human resources, adoption of principles of good governance, success of achieving the right to access the information, organization of public hearings, environmental impact assessments, etc.)
- Increased knowledge of “know-how” methods and participation of citizens, CSOs, project partners as well as services of local and state authorities in the protection of the environment and nature in the targeted areas
- Strengthened co-operation with local and state authorities in environmental protection and nature in targeted areas
- A higher percentage of successfully resolved environmental and nature problems
- Greater recognition of the Green Phone Network
The content of this text is the exclusive responsibility of Association Sunce and it cant be in any way considered to reflect the views of the European Union or Government Office for NGOs.