We invite you to the Interdisciplinary Conference on Waste Management Priorities – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Beyond Plastic Croatia, which will be held in Split on September 15 and 16, 2022.
The Beyond Plastic Conference Croatia is organized as part of the For plastic free Croatian Islands project, and its goals are:
- exchange of knowledge and available information on waste management, use of disposable plastics and level of plastic pollution
- building partnerships and capacity building participants to implement sustainable waste management, reduce the use of disposable plastics and plastic pollution in the Mediterranean.
- encourage the application of the principles of reduce, reuse, recycle in waste management
- implementation of recommendations and measures for shaping and improving legislative frameworks in sustainable waste management.
– In our daily work, we are all focused only on our projects and activities, so we don’t have time to research what other experts are doing. The conference will be a unique opportunity for all of us, led by one goal, to gather in one place and together think about the best ways to protect nature and the environment in the world – said Tea Kuzmičić Rosandić, project manager.
PROGRAM / SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE:
- Ivana Carev, Ph.D., Mediterranean Institute for Life Research MedILS
- Slađana Pavlinović Mrsić, Ph.D., Faculty of Economics, University of Split
- Pero Tutman, Ph.D., Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries Split
- Dubravka Bojanić Varezić, Ph.D., Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries Split
- Ivanka Buzov, Associate Professor, Ph.D., Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Split
- Tijana Trako Poljak, Ph.D., Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
- Anka Kekez Krišto, Ph.D., Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
– The Institute, of course, responded to the invitation due to the cooperation we have with the Sunce on this issue, and this is the first conference in Split that is organized on the subject of marine litter – emphasized Pero Tutman from the Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries Split.
Registration is open until July 15, 2022. Participation is free and you can register -> HERE.
– We have provided accommodation and travel expenses for 25 participants and we still have 5 free places, and priority is given to people who submit scientific papers in the field of given topics – reminds Kuzmičić Rosandić.
If you are presenting a paper, you must submit an abstract using the online form.
Complete papers will be peer-reviewed and are planned to be published in the proceedings. More information on the submission of abstracts page.
The For plastic free Croatian Islands, as part of which the conference is organized, started on October 1, 2020 and will last until September 31, 2022. The project is financed by The Beyond Med Association (www.beyondplasticmed.org). The project holder is the Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce, and the partners are the City of Stari Grad (island of Hvar), Municipality of Sali (island of Dugi otok) and Friends of the Earth Croatia (Zelena akcija). Collaborators on the project are SMILO, Initiative for Zlarin without plastic, and the project is supported by the World Wide Fund for Nature.