Partnership for Environment
We are pleased to inform you that from 1.1.2015. a partnership project started by the name “Partnerships for Environment: Developing Public and Civil Environment Protection Capacities in Croatia through the practise of Green Phone Service”.
Full project name in English: Partnerships for Environment: Developing Public and Civil Environment Protection Capacities in Croatia through the practise of Green Phone Service.
Short name in English: Partnerships for Environment
The project will last from 1.1.2015. – 1.1.2017. (24 months)
Budget: 225.661,87 €
Financial support: EU (90%) under the Grant scheme Strengthening Support to Civil Society Organizations to Increase Transparency and Good Public Administration Management in Croatia in the Implementation of I IPA Component 2011 (National Program for Croatia under the IPA Component “Assistance in Transition and institution building”for 2011) and Office for NGOs.
The project is implemented by Eko Pan – Karlovac, Association of Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce – Split, Association Žmergo Opatija, Ecological Association “Krka” Knin, Eco Association Franjo Koščec, Nobilis Protection – Ecological Organization, Eco Zadar, Green Osijek, Green Istria
Project area: The Republic of Croatia with a focus on: Karlovac County, Split-Dalmatia County, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Sibenik-Knin County, Medjimurje County, Varaždin County, Lika-Senj County, County of Primorje-Gorski kotar, Koprivnica-Križevaci County, Krapina-Zagorje County
The general objective of the project is to build a strong partnership and effective long-term cooperation between citizens, local and state authorities and civil society organizations involved in environmental protection and nature.
• build project partners for active participation in solving environmental problems
• promote transparency of local and country authorities and co-operate with them
• educate citizens about know-how and opportunities for active participation in environmental protection and nature
• contribute to addressing specific local environmental and nature-related problems
• encourage cooperation between the public and country sectors
The project includes the following activities:
• Collecting data on the structure, methods, procedures and means for the work of local and country authorities, and identifying problems and obstacles to the effectiveness of field work
• Maintenance of capacity building programs (workshops and activities) for CSOs related to environment and nature protection
• Maintenance of capacity building programs (workshops and activities) for local and country authorities dealing with environment and nature protection
• Broadcast radio broadcasts on the possibilities of active participation in environmental protection and nature
• Publishing a publication on active participation in environment and nature protection
• regular work of the Green Phone Network in Karlovac, Split-Dalmatia, Dubrovnik-Neretva, Šibenik-Knin, Međimurje, Varaždin, Lika-Senj and Primorje-Gorski kotar counties
• Created and published publication/detailed analysis of the effectiveness of work in the field of local and country authorities (transparency, human resources, adoption of principles of good governance, success of the right of access to information, organization of public hearings, environmental impact assessments, etc.)
• Increased knowledge, know-how methods and participation of citizens, CSOs, project partners as well as bodies and services of local and state authorities in the protection of the environment and nature in the targeted areas
• Strengthened co-operation with bodies and services of local and country authorities in environment and nature protection in targeted areas
• A higher percentage of successfully resolved environmental and nature problems
• Greater recognition of the Green Phone Network
The content of this text is the sole responsibility of Association Sunce and can in no way be considered to reflect the views of the European Union and the Office of the Government of the Republic of Croatia for the associations.