Sunce celebrates 15 years of successful work
The greatest achievement of the Association Sunce:
• Directly contributed to establishment of the Lastovo Islands Nature Park for which we got the award from World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF ).
• Influenced the development of quality standards for protected areas management plans and coordinated production of the first management plans for Brijuni National Park, Telašćica Nature Park and Lastovo Islands Nature Park.
• Participated in the establishment of the system for mapping and monitoring of marine species and habitats in the Adriatic.
• Significantly contributed to the democratization and development of cross-sectoral collaboration in natural resource management.
• We have developed the first system for collection of waste paper in business and private premises in Split, which then expanded all over Croatia.
• Solved over 2,000 environmental problems reported by citizens via the Green Phone.
• Involved over 7,000 children in our educational activities.
• We conducted more than 100 projects in nature conservation and environmental protection, with more than a half financed from international sources.