By implementing numerous projects involving participants in educational processes at all levels, from preschool to higher education, Sunce has recognized the need for education on marine environment protection and the promotion of active engagement. Through the educational program “Sea in My Neighborhood,” we continue to educate and disseminate knowledge to students aged 8 to 12, with the support of teachers and parents.
We believe that the gained experiences and knowledge will serve as the foundation for improving educational programs. Through collaboration with the local community, educational institutions, and their representatives, as well as the active participation of students and parents, we aim to raise awareness about the importance of preserving the marine environment and promote ecological consciousness among future generations.
The general goal of the proposed educational program is to raise students’ awareness of the importance of preserving the marine environment and encourage active participation in its protection.
The specific goals are:
- Acquiring new knowledge about the marine environment, threats, and the importance of its protection for future generations and developing responsibility for its protection and preservation
- Development of creativity, innovation, and the acquisition of teamwork skills through finding solutions for the protection and preservation of the marine environment.
- The workshop which is based on participatory learning methods and is related to the marine ecosystem, marine organisms, the threat of the sea and possible solutions with the use of demonstration materials and educational games.
- Field workshop with the aim of bringing the observation and research of the marine environment by using basic tools for observing the marine environment.
- A practical workshop for the development of innovative and creative solutions through teamwork and designing a student project to educate and raise the level of awareness of their peers about the issue of sea pollution and marine litter.
Expected project results:
- Awareness of the importance of preserving the marine environment and the impact of human activities on nature and the surrounding environment.
- Education of students on environmental issues concerning the sea, such as pollution and endangered species.
- Development of student’s positive attitudes towards environmental protection, motivation and commitment to the issue.
- Development of skills necessary for the environmental protection, such as creativity and innovation in finding solutions to environmental problems and teamwork in achieving a common goal. The acquired skills, except for marine conservation, are applicable in all aspects of their life.
Lead Partner: Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce
Duration of the project: 1.9.2023. – 31.12.2023.
Financing: Total Project budget: 7.920,00 EUR
Programme funding within the available funds from the budget of the City of Split: 2.550,00 EUR
Project manager in Sunce: Tea Kuzmičić Rosandić, mag. biol. et oecol.
E-mail: [email protected]