If you are interested in science education, nature protection, especially sea protection, you love field work and travel, but you are not afraid of the boring administration that monitors EU projects, than we are looking for you!
The Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce is announcing
Competition for the position of “Expert Associate in the Nature conservation program“
We are hiring a new employee for a full-time for a fixed period of 12 months (probationary period of 3 months), replacement for maternity leave, and in case of need to increase the team, it is possible to extend the contract.
The employee will work on projects and services related to research and protection of the sea and coast, but work on other topics of nature and environmental protection is not excluded. Readiness for more frequent field work and travel, including abroad, is expected, as well as readiness to work on drafting various reports and preparing administrative documentation for project implementation and reporting.
- Assists the program manager in the implementation of program activities and related projects.
- Prepares and organizes meetings, workshops, lectures and trainings provided for projects and program activities.
- Organizes and participates in the implementation of public and other events such as meetings, workshops, exhibitions, lectures, etc., prepares reports on the implementation.
- Prepares, collects and distributes relevant documentation including meeting minutes and activity reports and studies in Croatian and depending on project requirements also in English.
- Participates in the organization and implementation of professional research, data storage and processing.
- In cooperation with the program leader, he / she coordinates the work of volunteers on the program and the work of students involved in professional practice and / or service-learning.
- Participates in the production of communication, information and educational materials.
- Maintains a list of contacts with the media, contacts the media in order to present the activities of the program, and leads the press clipping program.
- Prepares reports and press releases on program activities and projects, the Association’s website and, if necessary, other related websites.
- Participates in the development of evaluation tools and processing of findings, regularly and as needed.
- Monitors legislation, professional literature and research relevant to the program and individual activities.
- Maintains contacts with stakeholders and partners of the program and, in coordination with the head of the program, participates in the establishment of new partnerships in the country and abroad.
- Assists in the preparation of financial and narrative reports.
- Participates in the activities of organizational development of the Association and the program.
- Performs daily administrative and office work.
- Natural science orientation.
- At least one year of work experience, the advantage of experience working on jobs similar to the job offered and similar topics.
- Excellent written and oral expression in Croatian.
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Category B driver’s license (active driver).
- Diving license (active / per diver), advantage CMAS R ** category and more, or equivalent compared to other schools.
- Formal and non-formal education related to marine research and protection.
- Experience of field research work related to marine protection.
- Experience in drafting professional and scientific papers and strategic documents related to marine protection and / or nature protection.
- Experience of participating in projects financed from EU funds.
- Experience of work and / or volunteering in the civil sector, familiarity with the activities of civil society organizations.
- Knowledge of the nature protection sector in Croatia.
Requested candidate profile
- Sensitivity to environmental and nature protection problems and high motivation for engagement in nature protection, especially marine protection.
- Willingness to frequent field work, travel and adaptability to sudden deadlines, different jobs and work environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Responsibility, proactivity and independence in work, but also readiness for team work.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple topics / projects.
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
What we offer
The selected candidate will work with people with many years of experience in nature protection, conducting research, educating and informing the public, and project management. We offer the future employee a dynamic and stimulating work environment, work on international projects related to marine protection, the possibility of acquiring new knowledge and skills related to nature protection, especially research and protection of the sea, the possibility of networking nationally and internationally through participation in trainings, meetings and workshops.
Along with the application for the competition, it is necessary to enclose
– Curriculum vitae – in Croatian.
– Letter of motivation – in English, up to a maximum of 800 words, which contains a description of previous experience, acquired skills and knowledge relevant to the job, motivation to work in this job and personal expectations of the job and organization.
Applications with the above documentation are received exclusively by e-mail at [email protected].
Tender announcement date: April 4, 2019
The application deadline is April 22, 2019.
The work will start on May 27, 2019.
Candidate selection procedure:
The three-member commission will read all the received applications and, based on the assessment of their quality, will select a maximum of 6 shortlisted candidates to be interviewed and, if necessary, tested. Based on the interviews and test results, the commission will select the best candidate. Candidates will be notified by e-mail about the results of the competition and any interviews.