SASPAS – Safe Anchoring and Seagrass Protection in the Adriatic Sea
The SASPAS project started on January 1, 2019 and will last a total of 30 months.
As part of the initial project activities, the first project meeting (Kick-off meeting) was held in Comune di Monfalcone (IT) on March 21 and 22, 2019. The purpose of the meeting was the presentation and meeting of all project partners, agree on the implementation of project activities, responsibilities of individual project partners, review budget lines and hold the first meeting of the Steering Committee.
The general goal of the project is the preservation and restoration of sea grass through the installation of safe anchorages, pilot transplants of sea grass, monitoring activities and defining an integrated management system for sea grass in the Adriatic.
The project will run for 30 months at three research sites: Panzano Bay, Monfalcone (IT), Kornati National Park (HR) and Brindisi coast in the Nature park Dune Costiere Torre Canne do Torre San Leonardo (IT).
The SASPAS project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg V-A IT-HR CBC Program (Priority Axis 3- Environment & cultural heritage).
The project holder is the Municipality of Monfalcone, and seven other partners from Italy and Croatia are involved in the project.
• Municipality of Monfalcone (IT)
• Selc Cooperative Company (IT)
• National Interuniversity Consortium for Marine Sciences (IT)
• Provisional Management Consortium of Regional Natural Park »Coastal Dunes from Torre Canne To Torre San Leonardo« (IT)
• Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce (HR)
• Kornati National Park (HR)
• University of Rijeka (HR)
• Consortium for The Coordination of Research Activities Concerning The Venice Lagoon System (IT)
Total project budget: 1,906,100.00 EUR
Programme Funds (ERDF): EUR 1,620,185.00
The project is co-financed by the Office for Cooperation with NGO-s of the Government of the Republic of Croatia.
Project start: January 1, 2019
End of the project: March 31, 2022